Wednesday, May 1, 2013

50 and Counting

Last Saturday day, we celebrated my Mom's 50th birthday. My sisters and I planned the whole thing... it was going to be awesome! A little Red Rover, a hula-hoop contest, and a big bon fire.... then Mother Nature stepped in and poured 6 inchs of rain right onto our parade. 
Luckly, we were able to rush inside and have the last streamer in place before the first guest arrived. 

My sisters and I are quite the nifty ones.

Michelle, Tiffany, and I with a shout out to our Mom.


My Oldest Sister and Mom.


One of my favorite parts of the day? The photo wall! All these photos (plus many more) are being printed and bound into a custom photo guest book as I type.







Ten dollars worth of grocery store flowers and a few clippings from the back yard gave the feeling of and outdoor party despite the gully-washer outside.



Mom's favorite thing? Lemons. Ergo the lemonade, lemon cake and, well... lemons... everywhere.





Chocolate cake pops sweetened up this sour dessert bar and fresh strawberries added some well needed color. 



Everyone keeps asking about the jars. Yes, they look antique. But they're brand new! Ball jars produced vintage throw backs as a nod to all of us who are obsessed with the turquoisy-blue wonders. I paid less than 10 bucks for six!


I went a little streamer happy...




My first ever attempt at flower arrangement. Not the best ever, but there's potential.

So, although there were no games, no bonfire, and the lighting sucked, Saturday turned out the be great... Awesome even!



Next up, Jude's 1st Birthday!! I'm going to be partied out by August.









You'll Find Me Here

Creative Cain Cabin


Cozy Little House - Tweak It Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time was had by all! LOVE that photo wall idea! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Despite the rain! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete