Sunday, March 24, 2013

Really Quick Craft - Scented Sachet

These took less than five minutes all together and the rose scent makes me happy whenever I open the drawer. (Yes... I know that sounds lame... and I'm okay with that)

^All You Need^


I used a large (clean) tomato can to draw a perfect circle on the back side of scrap cloth (these were from the owl artwork last week)


Cut a half inch outside on your line to give a good bit of room to turn the ends in.



Then bast along the line you drew.


Make sure the ends of the thread are on the right side of the fabric


Fill the center with about a tablespoon of dried flowers or herbs. I used roses from bulkapothecary.com 





While pulling both ends of the thread slowly, use your thumb to tuck the ends into the bag. 




Pull the string tightly and tie off.




My first go, I didn't leave enough edge to tuck in, it doesn't look bad, but I'm a perfectionist.




5 Minutes = Really Quick

No comments:

Post a Comment