Tuesday, March 5, 2013

2 Weeks before our dear boy was born, I finished his room upstairs

  
The dresser was from Ikea and the chair was thrifted for $5, then painted and reupholstered.

 Spare wood from pallets+old dowels+sample paint+awesome Husband = quilt rack for $3


A free dresser jazzed up with blue paint and handles made from a pallet.

All original artwork. I used sample paint and newspaper stretched over a canvas for this and the seal painting


more sample paint, a tin of stain, and a plank of wood. This giraffe will also double as a height chart.

 All the artwork cost me $30 total


This canopy from Ikea inspired the whole room, I fell in love with it years ago and as soon I we found out we were expecting, I grabbed it!

 My first attempt at sewing roman shades. Now I'm addicted!.... maybe roman shades for the living room too...
The banners were scraps from old sewing projects.


We opted for cloth diapers.


All together, this room cost me a bit under $400. I little sparse  I know, but we're newlyweds with a 9 month old... we've got plenty of time to collect and add. 

No comments:

Post a Comment